Stroke Recovery Care
Excellent Care for Post-Stroke Recovery Treatment
When a person suffers a stroke, care is in two phases. In the first phase, doctors will carry out emergency care to stop the stroke and treat the patient. The initial care at the hospital is followed by a period of rehabilitation and recovery care to address the secondary effects. The goal of stroke recovery care is to help patients relearn some of the skills lost as a result of the stroke and provide assistive care to improve the quality of life as the patient recovers.
What Are The Chances of Stroke Recovery?
To an extent, the brain is capable of healing itself after a stroke. Given the right amount of time and rehabilitation, the patient may be able to regain cognitive abilities and speech, as well as motor skills. Statistically, about 10% of patients recover fully from a stroke while 25% recover with minor impairments. 40% of patients recover with moderate but manageable impairment. Stroke recovery care can boost the chances of patient recovery and ensure better results during rehabilitation.
What We Can Offer!
Impact Of Stroke On Everyday Life
Stroke patients may experience trouble with managing their daily living activities. Simple activities like bathing, dressing, cooking, housekeeping, and driving can become difficult after a stroke. Specific symptoms of stroke such as spasticity and an inability to use one side of the body can make these regular activities difficult. Stroke may also have a cognitive effect on survivors making it difficult for them to remember dates, keep track of where items are placed, or follow directions. All of these necessitate the services of a caregiver whom they can rely on for assistance with these activities when needed.
How Long Is Stroke Recovery Care Required?
The exact period it will take to recover from a stroke would depend on the severity of the initial stroke and the amount of damage it has caused. In some cases, patients may be able to recover within three to four months after a stroke, but recovery may be ongoing in some cases.
Benefits Of Stroke Recovery Care
While the patient continues to undergo rehabilitation therapies, having a caregiver around will be very helpful. Some of the benefits of stroke recovery care include:
- Make daily activities easier for patients
- Provides companionship and company
- Monitors recovery, administer medication, and oversee general care
- Help patients return to normal life quickly
CareMo Stroke Recovery Services
After a stroke, the body will need time to heal and recover. CareMo’s trained and professional caregivers help stroke patients during the difficult days and weeks after a stroke. Our goal is to help patients return to their normal life faster and ease them from everyday stress during the recovery process.
- (Another) Stroke Prevention care. CareMo home care aides are trained to provide care for your loved ones who need support so that a possible another stroke will be prevented. They are trained to monitor and support in the following:
- Monitor Blood Pressure
- Stop or Do not start smoking.
- Exercise regularly and maintain weight.
- Lower cholesterol levels thru medication reminders and meal planning
- Check for heart disease thru medication reminders and diet changes
- Manage Diabetes thru medication reminders and diet changes.
- Lifestyle Changes. Change in lifestyle adds to the benefit of reducing the risk of another stroke. CareMo home care aides can help your loved ones with the meal preparation as provided by his/her dietitian.
- Gaining Independence. As directed by the Physical and Occupational therapists, CareMo Home Care Aides will be able to support with the necessary rehabilitation plans and rehabilitation exercises.
- Focusing on Care. Our in home care aide will offer help with daily living skills such as light housekeeping, cooking and meal planning and more. Having the help available for daily tasks of life will allow you to focus on rehab instead of “chores” that you would typically be caught up in doing.
- It is without a doubt that having someone in times like these is an important part of recovering from any health crisis. Our home care aides will provide companionship, intelligent conversation, and even encourage safe traveling outside of the home. Socialization is an important part of stroke recovery.
- Personal Care. Oral Hygiene Care, Bathing, Using the rest Room are examples of the jobs a home care aide does for personal care needs.
Behind CareMo is a loving and professional team of caregivers. Our doors are always open for dedicated individuals who are passionate about spreading love and care in the lives of families and individuals in need of support.