Requirements for Home Care Aide applicants in the state of California:
The pre-employment requirements below shall be submitted prior to or upon a scheduled interview and prior to deployment/assignment to any posts within the company:
1. Proof of Eligibility to work in the US, i.e Permanent Residence Card/US passport, etc.
3)California Driver’s License/ID and Car Insurance
4)TB clearance (through “negative” PPD/Blood Test or “negative” confirmatory chest X-Ray. Previous employees are mandated to submit their latest TB test during their work anniversary
5)Vaccination records i.e. Covid-19/flu shots/ Hepa A/B shots
6)HCA License/PER ID (for HCAs only) May be done during the interview process IF applicant does not have a valid HCA License
7) Fingerprint clearance Note: Background check/Live Scan is needed to obtain fingerprint clearance. Live Scan is a digital fingerprinting process that replaces traditional ink fingerprinting in states where it’s available. An applicant’s fingerprints are securely transmitted to a government agency, which performs a criminal history background check using an Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS).
8)Statement of prior criminal convictions
9)Acknowledgment of requirements to report suspected abuse.
If you are not a registered Home Care Aide (HCA), a list of the requirements for HCA licensing is as follows:
1. TB clearance (through “negative” PPD/Blood Test or “negative” confirmatory chest X-Ray. Previous employees are mandated to submit their latest TB test during their work anniversary
2. Fingerprint Clearance via Live Scanning through UPS, Daly City Police or other vendors provided by DOJ
3. HCA Registration and Renewal through https://guardian.dss.ca.gov/Applicant/
4.Registration Fee of $35.00 paid to the Home Care Services Bureau
Once you have the above requirements, we can set up an appointment for an interview and move on to the next phase of the application with one of the managers.